Thursday, September 18, 2014

Traditional Layout | Traveler Jack


My Studio Calico box has been sitting on my desk, neglected and unused, for almost two weeks. I know, I know... quite a shame considering all the neat products in this month's kit. I purchased the main kit (my monthly subscription), and the Whitman add-on. 

I used the gray triangle paper from the Poet Society main scrapbook kit for the left side of my layout, then stamped the triangles from the Whitman add-on in blue Memento Luxe pigment ink. The acetate star bursts are from the Poet Society Project Life kit.

 
When I created this layout, I really wanted to tell the story of Jack and all the time he spent in his car seat and stroller as a baby. Even now he has to tag along to soccer games and baseball practice several nights per week. The curse of being the baby brother, I suppose. Thankfully he's (mostly) a good sport about it now. 

This photo was taken after dropping Evan off at his very first day of pre-school, over four years ago. We were living in Ohio and Ev's school was 20 minutes from home. Most of the time Jack would fall asleep on the way home, and I would drive home and sit in the car for two hours while Jack took his afternoon nap, then drive back to the school to pick Evan up. Ah, good times. :)

My first two Chickaniddy posts are up on the Chickaniddy website. I created a couple of cards + a cute home decor project. You can view them here and here

My first blog post for Gossamer Blue is also up. I created three cards with the September printables, and you can view it here

Thanks for stopping by!