Thursday, September 4, 2014

Back to School | Digital Layouts

Last year I created a scrapbook layout to celebrate Evan's first day of school. I love how that layout turned out (you can see it here), and I used that layout as a template to create layouts for this year's first day of school photos.

I used a new collection from Mommyish, called Scholastic, for Evan's layout. He has changed so much from last year! I used a color photo instead of a black and white photo, but the basic layout is the same.

For Jack's layout I used the same Scholastic kit, plus First Day - Journal Cards & Stamps. I also changed the layout size from 12 x 12 to 8.5 x 11.


I am going to upload these to Persnickety Prints and file them in their respective albums. 

I am off to take Bailey for a walk. She is getting so much better on her leash, but now we are working on the barking issue... she's rather protective of her new family and loves to bark at strangers. It's like trying to train a toddler! 

I'll be back in a bit with a card for this week's RetroSketches challenge. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Carson said...

These layouts are so lovely, I love this idea and will be stealing it once my boys start school in a year or two.

Erin said...

Thank Carson! I like that the basic layout well stay the same, but I can switch up the kits/collections each year so they are unique.

Erin said...

Thanks, Leigh!