Sunday, August 24, 2014

Paper Smooches Sparks | Designer Drafts


Good morning! Welcome to this week's Paper Smooches Sparks Designer Drafts Challenge! Here is this week's sketch:


I used one stamp set for my card: Blossoming Buds. Isn't the flower cluster beautiful? And this set has some great sentiments, too.

I stamped the flower cluster with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then colored it in with Copic markers. I added three enamel dots to the center, creating a fun visual triangle. I stamped the sentiment on Limeade Ice cardstock then trimmed it down to create the banner. 

I originally just adhered the green banner to the card, but after decided to add a layered pink patterned banner behind it, and I'm glad I did. The pink twine unifies the two elements (banner + flowers). The Tropical Teal striped patterned paper is one of my favorites for backgrounds.


You can check out the rest of the design team, and their awesome projects, here:


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

absolutely gorgeous...I LOVE those blooms!

Kim Heggins said...

Such a sweet card!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

BEAUTIFUL x10000000000000, Erin! I LOOOOOOOOVe your papers and those flowers--- gorgeous! I do not like working with flower images.... but now I want to! LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOVE it! You amaze me! Great take on this sketch:)