Sunday, August 31, 2014

Paper Smooches Sparks | Anything Goes Challenge

Good morning! Welcome to this week's Paper Smooches Sparks Anything Goes challenge


Fall is my favorite season and I love creating fall themed cards. For my card, I pulled out two die sets from Paper Smooches: Large Leaves Dies and Thanks

I die cut the leaves from white cardstock, then used my Copic and Spectrum Noir markers to color them in, blending several colors together until I liked the look. To create the multi-colored Thanks inlay, I die cut Thanks from a white cardstock panel. Then I cut three strips of yellow and orange cardstock, and lined them up on the back of a large sticky note, making sure all three strips were temporarily adhered to the sticky note. I placed my die over the strips and ran the whole thing through my die cut machine. I popped the die cut from the die, and carefully adhered the pieces to the white cardstock underneath the die cut white piece.

I wrapped some white thread around before adhering it to my card. After I adhered the leaves I added a wooden button that I've had in my stash forever... maybe 7 years? A few enamel dots finish it off.


I hope you can play along with us this week! Make sure to check out of the awesome creations by the rest of the design team:

Have a great week. :)

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love how you did this! The leaves and sentiment are gorgeous.

Joan B said...

gorgeous

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! I just wanted to comment on Bailey! She's soooooooooooo cute:) What a cutie! LOVE LOVE LOVE HER! Give her an extra treat from us:) Olsen is barking and saying HI!!!!!!!

As for your card------- oh my oh my! You have nailed it! LOOOOOOOOOOOVE this card! Simple yet stunning with those bold colors! BEAUTIFUL use of just 2 dies! AMMMMMMMAZING, Erin! <3 YOU ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin! I love the colors in your thanks Your clean and simple design is so pretty.