Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Traditional Layout | Blue Mohawk

A few months ago I discovered the Printicular app for printing Instagram photos directly from my smart phone, and I admit, I'm addicted to it! I usually print photos every 1-2 weeks, and picking them up from Walgreens is convenient, inexpensive, and best of all, fast! Our Walgreens is 1 mile from our house, and I can pick them up (usually) the same day. 

A couple of months ago I had a batch printed, including this photo of Jack and his blue mohawk. Isn't he awesome? My old iPhone 4 had a crappy camera, so most of my photos were dark, out of focus, grainy, or just plain bad. Thankfully this one turned out! And my new phone has a 13.1 mega pixel camera and I've been really happy with the prints. 

I scanned this layout, and while it turned out fine, the colors are a little off in some places. The yellow washi on the right is actually a light green in person. I used bits and pieces from several Studio Calico kits, and a few things from my stash. The background paper is from a My Mind's Eye paper stack that I picked up at Michaels a few weeks ago. And I used my favorite Crate Paper slide frames from their Pier collection. I have two packs of these and I'm afraid of running out! They are one of my favorite products released in 2013.


The "file this under awesome" card is from a past Studio Calico kit, and I think it works perfectly on my layout. I *do* think Jack looks awesome with his blue mohawk. And he was so proud of it... he wouldn't let us wash his hair for two days & cried when I finally did rinse the blue die out. :)

I'll be back tomorrow with a few cards. Have a great night!

5 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous layout, Erin!

Amanda said...

Super layout! The picture is so fun too!

Tracie Marie said...

Fun layout!! Love it. I too use walgreens but I may have to check out this printing website. TFS

Jennifer Grace said...

Man he looks so cool! What a fabulous hair do. I love how you used the slide frame! x

Danielle Flanders said...

Your work is fantastic! xo
Danielle