Friday, September 6, 2013

10 Minute Craft Dash | Challenge #25

Hi guys!

Yesterday I had a chance to play along with this week's 10 Minute Craft Dash challenge. This challenge always stresses me out! But it's fun to create something in a short amount of time. I have had this great wood anchor in my stash for a couple of months and really wanted to use it on a card. I paired it with some paper from Glitz and a stamp from Waltzingmouse:


 (Supplies - Stamps: (Waltzingmouse) Ocean Bound. Ink: (PTI) Dark Chocolate. Wood shape: Glitz. Patterned Paper: Glitz. Cardstock: (PTI) Harvest Gold, Aqua Mist. Die: (PTI) First Place. Enamel Dots: My Mind's Eye. Twine: (PTI) Dark Chocolate.)

Total Time: 9:35.7. I did it! Under 10 minutes. I really saved myself a lot of time by choosing a patterned paper that is colorful, has a lot of details, and didn't require me to do anything except trim it down and adhere.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Evan has his first soccer game of the fall season tomorrow... he is very excited. Unfortunately the uniforms are not ready so he will be in his practice jersey, but we will make it work. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Erin this is fantastic, I love how you used that WM sentiment. Haven't inked mine up yet. Have a great weekend!

Leigh Penner said...

This is fabulous, Erin! I think it's my most favourite card of yours ever!
Thanks so much for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!
Oh, and I feel the same way with this challenge-- it's a rush!

Paulina said...

It's always a joy to see a person I follow in my blog list doing my challenge- makes this girl SO happy! Your card is so beautiful, Erin. Love the fun waves and you were able to accomplish so much within the time limit.

Thank you for playing with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash! :)

Helene said...

I love your card !

GrĂ¡ O'Neill said...

Beautiful card, perfect patterned paper and love the enamel drops :)

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh, this is awesome! The paper worked so perfectly with your anchor! Beautiful! Thanks so much for joining the Craft Dash!

Andrea Garland said...

This card Erin is so Fabulous that caught me eye inmediately. It's one of my favorite so I'm featuring it on my facebook page.
Thanks for playing with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash.

Lea Lawson said...

This is so cute!! Love all the Glitz you've used!

Betty said...

Love the anchor and how you make the water. Great job. Thanks for playing along with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash and hope to see you again.

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

Gorgeous card, I'm a big fan of using pretty papers to make a card come together quickly. Love what you've created, TFS!

Daniela Dobson said...

I love this!!!