Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Great Impressions Stamps | Happy Birthday

Hey there! I was looking through my Great Impressions Stamps last night & I immediately picked up this Happy Birthday stamp to work with. We have several birthdays in March and April (including mine... today!), and I love having birthday cards on hand so I'm not rushing around at the last minute trying to create the perfect card. 

I am noticing a lot of cards with elements stamped or placed on an angle (like this card by Erin Lincoln), and I wanted to incorporate that trend onto my card. I trimmed the light blue cardstock then placed my strips of paper on top, making sure each piece hung off the page. After all my strips were placed I trimmed the excess paper off. I placed the banner with the embossed "Happy Birthday" stamp on my card last. And has anyone else discovered colored embossing powder? For this card I used Tangerine Tango embossing powder (from Stampin' Up!); the fine powder embosses sentiments perfectly:

 (Supplies - Stamp: (Great Impressions Stamps) Happy Birthday. Ink: VersaMark. Cardstock: (Papertrey Ink) Enchanted Evening, Orange Zest. (Stampin' Up!) Pool Party. Patterned Paper: (Papertrey Ink) Enchanted Evening + Aqua Mist Patterns Packs. Dies: (Papertrey Ink) By the Numbers, Double Ended Banner. (Simon Says) Large Holiday Shapes. Embossing Powder: (Stampin' Up!) Tangerine Tango. Other: twine, buttons)

And a big thank you to everyone who left comments on my last post. I read each one and I must say, my blog readers are the best! 

Mark and I are off to dinner and a movie (Silver Linings Playbook!) tonight. And I plan on having my favorite drink (Long Island Iced Tea) and eating cake. I'm not too picky about the order of events, but alcohol and cake will be involved. :)

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh my! This is fabulous! So bright and cheery Erin! Great card!

Shanna Shands said...

This is a great card. This is good for kids not too much and not too little!