Saturday, January 5, 2013

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #98 | Chalkboard Technique

This week's Make It Monday Challenge is to use Betsy Veldman's Chalkboard technique on a card. I think my jaw hit the floor when I read her blog post featuring this technique ... talk about gorgeous cards! And I was anxious to pull out some of my Valentine's stamps and try it myself. 

I used Papertrey Ink's Sending My Love set for the sentiment and a flourish from Over Under Easy. I used a white colored pencil for the outline and to color in the "by your side" banner.  

(Supplies - Stamps: (PTI) Sending My Love, Over Under Easy. Cardstock: Smokey Shadow, Sweet Blush. Ink: VersaMark. Patterned Paper: BasicGrey. Gems: Hero Arts. Other: heart button, white twine, white embossing powder.)

Isn't it a fun card? After I finished up this card (late) last night I wanted to make 10 more! 

I have one more card to post tonight for this week's ColourQ challenge, so check back in a few!

9 comments:

Joyce said...

This is just gorgeous. It really jumped out at me from the little image on the blog.

Norma G. said...

Wow, this card is gorgeous! Love, love, love it :D

Megan said...

This is so sweet! I love how the overall simplicity lets that beautiful sentiment shine. Perfect embellie to accompany it too!

Kristie said...

Love this!!!

andie smith. said...

so pretty! that flourish works perfectly underneath that sentiment! love it!

Shanna Shands said...

This card is so elegant. This is really beautiful and a fun technique.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Pretty.

Jann Gray said...

Wow...love this card! I want to make 10 of them as well! *smile*

Joan V said...

Love this chalkboard technique. Your card is fantastic.