Friday, January 11, 2013

Paper Smooches Sparks | Vintage Challenge

Happy Friday! I am really looking forward to the weekend. The transition back to school has been hard on me! I really enjoyed the freedom of not having a schedule, but we are back into our school routine and the kids are doing great.

This week's Paper Smooches Sparks challenge is Vintage! And this really was a challenge for me. I have some Tim Holtz distress inks but I don't use them as much as I should. And most of my Paper Smooches stamps are modern, not vintage. But... I just received Cuteasaurus in the mail, and it doesn't get any more vintage than 500 million years ago! I realize dinosaurs might be a bit of a stretch for this challenge, but I had fun & I used distress inks, so I'm going with it. 

(Supplies - Stamps: (Paper Smooches) Cuteasaurus. Ink: Memento Black, Distress Inks. Cardstock: Papertrey Ink. Twine: Papertrey Ink. Enamel Dots: My Mind's Eye. Markers: Copics.)

I cut the hills/grass free hand and popped them up; first the green, then the brown. The sun was punched from a circle punch and I free handed the triangles. The sentiment is also from Cuteasaurus and I stamped it on Vintage White cardstock before distressing it. 

I have another post coming with a much more "me" card... but I will give Vintage a try again soon. I liked stepping outside my comfort zone a bit. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I like the way you think outside the box! Love all the little details on this card, incredibly cute.

The Paper Parade said...

AWWWWW!!! I just LOVE this little scene you created :) Those dinosaurs are SO cute!

Christina said...

I LOVE this, Erin! Way to be creative in coming up with something "vintage". These little guys are so cute, and I love the pearl accents and sentiment layered over the sun.

Lori said...

What a great idea for the vintage themed challenge! Love the enamel dots on the dino. Thanks for joining us for the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!