Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Great Impressions Stamps | A Little Hello

Good morning! I hope you all enjoyed hopping along to the Great Impressions Stamps and Paper Crafts Facebook pages yesterday. The Little Trailer stamp is so fun to stamp with! 

For today's card I used a new stamp by Great Impressions: Floral Bouquet. I used Copic markers to color the flowers and leaves, and I used a light gray Copic marker to outline the entire image. 

(Supplies - Stamps: (Great Impressions) Floral Bouquet, A Little Hello. Ink: (Memento) Tuxedo Black. (Ranger) Archival Ink Black. Cardstock: (Avery Elle) Celery, Raspberry, Fog, White. Patterned Paper: (Papertrey Ink) Limeade Ice Patterns Pack. Dies: Pinking Edger Die, Mat Stack #4 and Layerz Die, Turning a New Leaf. Ribbon: (Stampin' Up!) White Satin Ribbon. Gems: Hero Arts. Markers: Copic. Other: Vellum.)

I have a confession to make. I sketched this card out before making it, and I really wanted the flowers to be bright pink. I spent 10 minutes searching my office for my Copic markers when my hubby informed me that he already packed them up and put them in our POD for the move! I was so bummed.... I had a plan and my markers were gone! So I did what any reasonable paper crafter would do: I had my husband unpack them! He wasn't very happy with me, but my card turned out great so I think it was worth it. ;-)

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Shanna Shands said...

This is a beautiful card. I love how simple it is.

Tracey Jean said...

love the simplicity of this card

Mary-Anne V said...

Beautiful card..tell your husband he's the best for letting you be creative and inspiring others.