Sunday, January 6, 2013

Great Impressions Stamps | January Challenge

I am so sorry this post is late! I posted several cards last night, then Jack got really really sick and I ended up staying up with him until the wee hours of the morning. I finally crashed in my bed at 9am and slept until 2pm! I think this is Jack's second bought with the flu in the past 3 weeks... and he is the only one of us to get the flu shot! Go figure.

Anyway, this month's challenge is to create a card based on this sketch:


And the sketch was based on this card from October.

When I posted my card on Wednesday I mentioned that I created three colored butterflies, but only used one on my card. I stuck the only two in my scraps pile to be used on a future project. Well, this is that project! I wanted to make a bright Thank You card and the Tiger Swallowtail works perfectly!

 (Supplies - Stamps: (Great Impressions) Tiger Swallowtail. Ink: (Memento) Tuxedo Black. Cardstock: (Avery Elle) Sea Glass, Lemon Grass, (Papertrey Ink) White. Patterned Paper: BasicGray. Letter Stickers: BasicGray. Dies: (Papertrey Ink) Half and Half, Pinking Shears Edger Die. Markers: Spectrum Noir. Other: Pearls, gems, stickles.)

What do you think? I think I need to make a dozen more pretty butterflies. :-)

Have a great week!
 

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Lovely card Erin! Thinking I need that butterfly stamp! Hope you get some more rest!

Sue Althouse said...

That is a gorgeous card, makes me long for spring! Hope everyone is feeling better and rested soon!