Friday, October 12, 2012

Delight In Today | Digital Layout

A few weeks ago I finished a layout about Jack and his first soccer practice, but I completely forgot to post it here. I used a new template set that Karla released last month, along with a few other digital kits of hers.

(All supplies are Karla Dudley Designs)

I also finished a traditional layout last night after my work out. I love, love, love these photos of Jack and I am so happy they are scrapbooked! You can click on the photo to make it larger:


The journaling is on a piece of cardstock behind a vellum pocket I made. Here is a closer look:


I really like the look of torn washi tape "holding down" my journaling block... I used an actual piece of washi on this layout, and a digital washi tape on the above layout. 

A few things about Jack right now:

He loves holding his soccer ball, and Saturday mornings are now his favorite part of the week... because he gets to play soccer "just like Evan". :-)

He told me yesterday morning: "Mom, you're stylin!" Where did he come up with that one?!? Too funny. 

Jack's favorite art activity is painting. He brought home a really cool finger painting from pre-school today and he was very excited to show it to me. When I asked him to tell me about it, he said "I made Bowser's Castle!" (from Mario).

His "job" in school today was sweeping. When I picked him up, he had a little broom and dust pan and he was sweeping up the floor. I told him it was time to leave and he looked at me and said "but mom, I  am sweeping and the floor is so dirty!" 

His favorite color is blue.

His favorite foods are apples, crackers, cereal, and pizza.


I'm sorry this post is all over the place... it's been a really crazy day! Evan was home from school & Jack was in a mood. I am ready for bedtime so I can catch up on a few shows with Mark. 

Have a fantastic weekend!

2 comments:

Cheryl Husmann said...

Erin, I love both layouts, especially the paper one! I especially like the pocket with washi tape. Great idea!

Erin said...

Thank you so much, Cheryl!