Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hero Arts | August Card Challenge (card #2)

Hello! Before I share my card, I want to say thank you to the girls over at the Moxie Fab blog for the shout out! The card I made for last week's Tuesday Trigger was a top five. Thanks ladies!   

I am submitting this card to the Hero Arts August Card Challenge - Clean and Simple Stamping

I picked up Hero Arts' Real Leaves stamp set last fall, and sadly it hasn't seen ink until I made this card. I love fall, and the changing leaves is probably the only thing I miss from Ohio. We don't get a traditional fall here in Florida... it is still going to be 90 degrees with a lot of humidity! But I have a lot of great friends who live in the north, and this card will be perfect for one of them.

Because this card is "clean and simple", I used the rock and roll technique to add interest to the leaves. I chose four colors of ink (from PTI): Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, and Canyon Clay, and used two colors per leaf. I inked each leaf with a lighter color first, then added a darker color to the edges. My favorite combo is probably Summer Sunrise and Canyon Clay, but I think they all turned out lovely.

I photographed this card on an orange background rather than white, and I'm not sure I like it. The white is really white, and the leaves look a little weird to me. Maybe it's just my monitor? I am trying to find the perfect system for photographing my cards, and I haven't found it. Maybe it's time to invest in a photo studio to simplify the process. We will see if my husband goes for it!

(Supplies - Stamps: (Hero Arts) Thoughtful Messages & Real Leaves. Cardstock: PTI. Ink: PTI. Other: Buttons)

Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments: