Friday, March 30, 2012

Birthday Boy

Evan turned 6 on Wednesday! Mark and I have a party planned for him in a few weeks, but we had a small celebration at home on his birthday. Evan was king for the day & picked out where we went for lunch (McDonald's), where we spent the morning (at the park), got new golf clubs (and M&M's) from Dick's Sporting Goods, and had cupcakes before dinner. He received some lovely gifts from us and his grandparents, and spent the whole day smiling. I took a ton of photos, but they are on our external server and my MacBook has decided not to communicate with the server this evening. My personal IT guy is sleeping so I'm out of luck. Hopefully I can get access to them tomorrow after Evan's soccer game. I do have a few photos I took with my phone, though. Definitely not as good as my DSLR photos, but they will have to do:

Last year I made a "Jack" banner when he turned 2. Evan made a comment that he wanted one for his next birthday. Of course he didn't forget about the banner and asked me about it on Tuesday. I had planned on making one anyway, so I happily whipped one up using some Papertrey Ink dies & cardstock. It turned out really well, so I made a card to match. And because the banner and card matched, I picked up balloons, sprinkles for the cupcakes, and wrapping paper in the same color scheme. I was very surprised (and pleased) when Evan noticed all the color coordination and said it looked "cool". Why, thank you! :-)

Evan's birthday present from my parents was a new set of golf clubs. He *loves* playing golf in the yard and was getting frustrated with Mark's clubs because they are so big. Now Ev has a set that is perfect for him, and should come in handy this summer when he goes to golf camp at our local golf course.

The boys also had their new beds delivered on Thursday and are so happy with them. Evan likes having a little cubby and has filled it with his "favorite things", like his Angry Birds game, t-ball trophy, new Transformers toy, and his favorite book. We are going to have to work with Jack on staying in his bed, though. His first night in his big boy bed was a rough one. He was up until 9:30pm, then woke up at 5:30am this morning. He went down for his nap fine, but woke up after and hour and 45 minutes... he usually sleeps at least 2.5 hours in the afternoon. He was very tired today & super cranky, so I was tired and cranky. Hopefully he sleeps well tonight & doesn't wake up at the crack of dawn. I need to get some sleep!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He's so big and handsome! Happy birthday!!!