Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer



It's hard to believe we are already five weeks into Evan's summer vacation. The kids and I have been exploring our new town, going to the park, playing in the backyard, visiting the library, and looking forward to some special trips (and visitors) in the coming weeks.

Our summer is going to be really busy, but I have a few things that I want to do before Evan starts school in the fall:

1. Visit two or three different parks in our area. So far we have only explored two local parks, and I know we have
several more that are close by.

2. Have a picnic in our backyard.
3. Go swimming in our neighborhood pool with Mark. I am not comfortable taking both kids to the pool by myself
because they are both non-swimmers, but this would be a perfect activity to do with Mark on the weekend.

4. Create hand print wall art for the boys' room. They have a couple of walls that need artwork, and hand prints
would be perfect.

5. Make a chore list for Evan. This isn't a summer-specific task, but something I've been thinking about doing for
a long time. Evan is great about helping around the house, but having a list of two or three chores for him to
accomplish each day will be helpful for both of us.

6. Visit the library more often. The boys love it, it's free, and I can relax while they play. It's a win-win.
7. Take the boys to the indoor play center at our local mall on a really hot day.
8. Remember to pull out our art bins regularly. We have a ton paint, crayons, markers, play-doh, stencils, and
stickers, but I'm not very good about remembering to bring them out. Between 4pm and 6pm is when
the the boys start to get antsy, and grabbing our art bins could be a great distraction for them.


I know there are more activities and projects to add to this list, but it's a good start. Oh, how I love summer.

No comments: