Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pumpkin Patch 2009.

When I was a little girl, my parents would take my sister and me to the pumpkin patch every year. We would search for the perfect pumpkin, take it home, and watch my dad carve it. I love going to the pumpkin patch, so when I found some info online about a local farm & their Fall Festival (with a pumpkin patch!) I was super excited to take Evan & Jack. I have to say I was a little disappointed with the event. First of all, they charged an admission fee. To a pumpkin patch. Seriously? And it wasn't cheep! I paid for our family + Roy and my total was $17. And yes, they had a (tiny) hay bail maze & bounce house for the kids, and a live band, but still. Then the "pumpkin patch" was just a bunch of pumpkins placed in a field... not a real "patch". Yes, the tractor ride to the pumpkins was fun, but not worth the admission fee if you ask me. Also, when I was ready to pay for my pumpkins, they didn't use a scale to weigh them & charge per pound. The lady just looked at the pumpkins and said "$4 per pumpkin". And when Evan wanted to go in the bounce house, he got to play for about 2 minutes, and he was told his turn was over. So... $26 for two pumpkins, a maze, a 5 minute tractor ride, and 2 minutes in a bounce house. I guess I'm a little upset by the whole thing! The pumpkin patches around my parents house are free, they actually have a huge field of pumpkins to choose from (this one had maybe 30 or 40 pumpkins total), and lots of farm animals and activities for the kids to do. But, Evan had a blast and that's what matters.

It was freezing outside... maybe 42 degrees... so I didn't get as many photos as I would have liked. I was too busy trying to keep Jack warm and Evan from getting too cold!






























































Evan is fighting his first cold of the season so we are in today. I'm hoping he's better so he will be able to go to pre-school in the morning.

1 comment:

Mark said...

My babies are the cutest!