Thursday, August 27, 2009

Work In Progress.

One of the things I love about doing digital pages is the sheer flexibility of digital templates. This template has room for 17 photos & allows me to include both close ups of Evan, his trains, and his cute little finger & toes. This template can be found at Designer Digitals.


The green spaces are areas that need to be filled with photos, journaling, or patterned paper.

I have been busy this evening sorting & organizing 1000+ photos that have been sitting in my office for the last five
months, waiting to be put into storage binders & eventually scrapbooked. It is a tedious process, but seeing Evan at
different stages over the last three years is fun. I haven't had any of Jack photos printed, which is now on my to-do list
for the upcoming week. I am really hoping to get some of his infant/newborn photos scrapped and put in his all too
empty album. I have a couple digital pages and one paper layout in there, but that's it! Considering Evan has almost
three full albums, with each album housing 40-60 pages, I really need to get moving on Jack's books.

Mark, Evan, Jack, & I will be attending Evan's pre-school open house tomorrow morning. Evan will get to meet some of his classmates & get to know his teacher a bit more. I am excited & anxious about Evan's first day on Monday. I am
anticipating many tears... most of them mine! But it will be good for both of us, I just need to get through the first few days and we should be fine. I hope :-)

I hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather & the last few weeks of summer. But I have to say, I am looking forward to fall & the changing leaves & Halloween & pumpkin pie. I am anxious to start planning our move & relocating 24 years of my life to a completely foreign state. Our life in Pullman has been some what of a fantasy... no crime, no traffic... having a husband who is a student and part-time employee for a local company & running into someone we know every time we go to the grocery store. Pullman is a mesh of a small town farming community with the benefits of an educated suburban town. We are absolutely going to miss being here, but we always knew it would be temporary. It's almost like we've been waiting for lives to really begin... to transition from college student to adult. Our kids of course helped shove us into adulthood, but having a "real job" will also solidify that role for both Mark & me.

I just hope we are both ready for reality. We have 16 weeks to figure it out!

Tomorrow I will post some more photos of the boys & a new project I'm working on. Peace.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks great, as usual, Erin! You certainly don't lack for things to keep you busy...which is typical with little ones...and with your photos and scrapbooking! Hope all goes well with the Preschool visit and I look forward to seeing pics next week from his first day!