Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Going digital...

...again. Trying out some new things on my computer. My parents were generous enough to get me Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.0 for Christmas, so I've been playing with that a bit this evening. Once again I have been referring to my August 2007 KOTM from Creating Keepsakes, the Digital Scrapbook Sampler, for reminders & inspiration. Jessica Sprague does a fantastic job of making digi scrapbooking easy understand. I am not an expert by any means, but I do feel like I know my way around Photoshop because of her tutorials. I love that I can listen for awhile, then pause while I follow her directions. When I'm ready to continue, I simple hit "play" and I'm on my way again.

This layout is a digital quick page by Ali Edwards. It is also on the KOTM disc. I was not thrilled with a lot of these photos taken at the park on this day, so this layout is a great way to include them on a page, but not really focus on one particular photo:


The original "quick page" included the circles & the "be playful" title at the top. I added my photos, journaling at the bottom in red, and the "Summer" title.

I'm feeling energized this evening, so maybe I'll work on another layout or project. Ali created a miniBook with her digital overlays awhile back & I loved her results. It's part digital, part paper scrapbooking, which sounds like a new challenge for me.

So thankful to be feeling great again. No more morning sickness, fatigue, etc. It feels so good to be scrapbooking & cardmaking & doing art again.

No comments: