Thursday, January 8, 2009

Digital Quick Pages

Back in July when I first started to dabble in digital scrapbooking, I purchased Ali Edwards' Digital Quick Pages cd. I figured it would be an easy way to complete a 20 page album using Adobe Photoshop. I finally started the album tonight, and I am thrilled with the results. I am using the "quick pages" as a starting point, but adding digital brushes and stamps on top of them to make it more personalized. I love the concept of the book: Your Story. I am finding photos of Evan that represent his "everyday" life.

Here is the title page:



(quick page: Ali Edwards Digital Quick Pages CD. digital stamp:
Ali Edwards Hello Life Title & Journaling Blocks; Designer Digitals. fonts: CK Ali's Handwriting and Courier.)

And Page Two:


(quick page: Ali Edwards Digital Quick Pages CD. digital stamp: Ali Edwards Hello Life Title & Journaling Blocks; Katie Pertiet Postmarked New Years 2009 Brushes; Designer Digitals. font: Courier.)

I'm also working on an all-paper layout, which hopefully will be done tomorrow. I am playing with paint, a Heidi Swapp mask, and some ghost letters that have been in my stash entirely too long.

Looking forward to lunch with a friend tomorrow.

Our last few days of vacation before Mark goes back to school. It's been so nice not to worry about homework & deadlines & missing my husband because he's gone so much. We are not going to know what to do with all our spare time when Mark graduates & starts working. I can sense some serious family bonding next December/January. I cannot wait.

No comments: