Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Working...

...on layouts for a class tomorrow night @ Crop, Paper, Scissors. The group is called "Just Add Chocolate," and they are fantastic ladies who really love to create layouts. My favorite type of scrapbookers! I have dabbled in miniBooks, cards, altered projects, and other scrapbooking-like stuff, but layouts are my favorite. Something about completing a 12 x 12 in piece of art, usually in under 2 hours, is so liberating for me. I love the feeling of creativity, and taking precious moments and events and experiences and placing them "just so" on the page...it really makes me feel good inside. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone a little better, I still consider myself "new" to Crop, P., S., (I thought C.P.S. would be a bit confusing...), so I hope to be welcomed with open arms!
On a different note, Mark and I had a great weekend with my family! It was very busy, but it was good. Abby moved into her new apartment Saturday, we celebrated her birthday on Sunday, and we visited my great-grandmother (Evan's great-great-grandmother) on Monday! Then we drove home today, so it was a whirlwind, but very fun. I am so glad to be home, though. I actually didn't pick up the camera this weekend, except for a couple of shots at the restaurant on Monday. I really was trying to live in the moment, and not worry about capturing the "perfect shot." Sometimes it is good to do that, I guess. I am hoping to get outside with Evan tomorrow, and really enjoy the last few days of summer. Mark starts school on Monday, so we are almost to the end of our Summer season! It amazes me how fast time flies...especially with how busy our summer has been. I am trying to think of everything we did the past three months, but I don't think I can recall everything! We have had fun, and that is what counts.
And because I haven't posted a pic in a couple of days, I will post two!


Evan with pink lips from his animal cookies...


scrunchy nose for the camera!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Glad to hear that things are going well down at CPS. I saw Christy the other day and asked after you. She said you were teaching a kit club type of class. Sounds fun. I always enjoyed your work and was oh-so-jealous when you whipped out your Jenni Bowlin goodies. :)

Unknown said...

Hey! Have fun with the crop! So I'm coming over to Bethany's sometime the first week of Sept . . . We should all get together to scrap!!!